The Husqvarna ST224 is an impressive two-stage snow blower for a multitude of reasons that I’ll discuss in the article. And possesses a great many more than I would have mentioned it. This snow thrower has all of the features you’d expect on a high-end model, along with some great additional features that might surprise you.
|Fuel Capacity||0.69 gallons|
|Gross Torque||9.5 lb-ft|
|Net power at preset rpm:||4.7 kW @ 3600 rpm|
|Length (Inches)||58.5 inches|
|Width (Inches)||24 inches|
|Height (Inches)||40.5 inches|
|Weight (lbs.)||198.6 lbs|
Emission, Vibration and Noise
|Sound Pressure Level at Operator’s Ear||88.4 dB(A)|
|Noise Level||99 dB(A)|
|Sound Power Level, Gauranteed (LWA)||105 dB(A)|
|Vibration Level (ahv, eq) handle||5.74 m/s²|
|Starting System||120V Electric, with Recoil Backup|
|Fuel Capacity (Gallons)||0.71|
|Fuel Type||Gas only|
|Recommended Engine Oil Type||5W-30|
|Oil Capacity (oz.)||16|
|Auger Diameter (Inches)||12|
|Chute Rotation (Degrees)||190|
|Number of Forward Speeds||6|
|Number of Reverse Speeds1||1|
The ST224 grip design to make it suitable for use in severe snow conditions.Features heated handle grips, LED headlights and electric starter for work in all weather conditions.Husqvarna ST 224 was developed for homeowners who want a high-performance snow blower to clear snow from driveways, garages and a large path.
Electric starter: It with our easy-to-us connect to a power outlet and start the engine by pressing a button. Your starter system ensures that you’ll never have to worry about a dead battery.
How to use : COLD START
Ensure your house is a 120 Volt A.C. three-wire grounded system. If you are uncertain, consult a licensed electrician.Your snow thrower engine is equipped with both a 120 Volt A.C. electric starter and a recoil starter. The electric starter is equipped with a three-wire power cord and plug and is designed to operate on 120 Volt A.C. household current.
Allow the engine to warm up for a few minutes. Engine will not develop full power until it has reached normal operating temperature.
Remote chute rotator: Fast and easy change of the chute direction with a lever on the panel.
Clearing a Clogged Discharge Chute
Hand contact with the rotating impeller inside the discharge chute is the most common cause of injury associated with snow throwers. Never use your hand to clean out the discharge chute. To clear the chute:
LED headlights: Bright LED headlights make it easy to get the job done even in low light conditions. And they give the Husqvarna ST224 a face. It’s alive! I love the style of this snow blower. It’s fantastic.
– Go slower in deep, freezing or heavy wet snow. Use the drive speed control, NOT the ON / OFF switch, to adjust speed.
– It is easier and more efficient to remove snow im mediate ly after it falls.
– The best time to remove snow is the early morning.At this time the snow is usually dry and has not been exposed to the direct sun and warming tem per a tures.
– Slightly overlap each successive path to ensure all snow will be removed.
– Throw snow downwind whenever possible.
– Adjust the skid plates to proper height for current snow con di tions. See “TO ADJUST SKID PLATES” in this section of this manual.
– For extremely heavy snow, re duce the width of snowremoval by over lap ping previous path and moving slowly.
– Keep engine clean and clear of snow during use. This will help air flow and extend engine life.
– After snow-throwing is completed, allow engine to run for a few minutes to melt snow and ice off the engine.
– Clean the entire snow thrower thoroughly after each use and wipe dry so it is ready for next use.